Apple Released 7.1 Update With Bug Fixes And New Features Term it the long awaited update or last week’s greatest rumor. Whatever the case may be, Apple has finally updated their iterative OS, yes! iOS 7.1 is out few minutes back.
The update consists of usual bug fixes and some feature additions. It seems that there are a lot of tweaks in the user interface. Users experiencing random reboots with iPhone 5S, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad Air are fixed. The main user interface tweaks can be found in phone dialer and power off features.
The major updates that include making prominent repeat and shuffle icons in the music. The keyboard looks a lot better with evident shift and delete keys. Other tweaks are, Siri is updated with natural-sounding voices for U.K. English, Australian English, Japanese, and Mandarin Chinese. You can also use it in push-to-talk mode by holding the Home button for the duration of your query. The calendar has a lot better view and also included country specific holidays.
itunes radio now allows to search within featured stations and more quickly create new stations based on searches for songs and artists. Also the HDR mode in camera can be made an automatic one. iOS in the car can be used in a better way with voice activated features. The bio-metrics is also updated for faster recognition in iPhone 5S The latest software version is compatible with iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, and iPod touch (5th generation) devices.
– iOS experience designed for the car
– Simply connect your iPhone to a CarPlay enabled vehicle
– Supports Phone, Music, Maps, Messages, and 3rd-party audio apps
– Control with Siri and the car’s touchscreen, knobs, and buttons
– Manually control when Siri listens by holding down the home button while you speak and releasing it when you’re done as an alternative to letting Siri automatically notice when you stop talking
– New, more natural sounding male and female voices for Mandarin Chinese, UK English, Australian English, and Japanese
– Search field above Featured Stations to easily create stations based on your favorite artist or song
– Buy albums with the tap of a button from Now Playing
– Subscribe to iTunes Match on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to enjoy iTunes Radio ad-free
– Option to display events in month view
– Country specific holidays automatically added for many countries
– Bold font option now includes the keyboard, calculator, and many icon glyphs
– Reduce Motion option now includes Weather, Messages, and multitasking UI animations
– New options to display button shapes, darken app colors, and reduce white point
– New Camera setting to automatically enable HDR for iPhone 5s
– iCloud Keychain support in additional countries
– FaceTime call notifications are automatically cleared when you answer a call on another device
– Fixes a bug that could occasionally cause a home screen crash
– Improves Touch ID fingerprint recognition
– Improved performance for iPhone 4
– Fixes display of Mail unread badge for numbers greater than 10,000
– Continued user interface refinements
One thing that messed up with iOS 7 was the performance for iPhone 4. It’s a huge disappointment for the users. they weren’t impressed by it. iOS 7.1 update has significantly improved it’s speed and performance. The numbers below measure the time between when the app icon is tapped and when the app becomes ready for user input. Each app’s launch time was measured three times and averaged. The apps were force-quit using the iOS multitasking interface between runs.
The update officially disables the dodging iOS 7 jailbreak, patching key kernel exploits.