Internet of Things will transform DataCenters [Gartner report]
- Gartner says By 2020 Internet of Things (IoT) will include 26 billion devices which create new challenges and revenue generation will be more than $300 billion to IoT product and service suppliers.
- IoT trend could transform Datacenter market, its customers, technology providers, technologies, and sales and marketing models, according to Gartner.
- “IoT deployments will generate large quantities of data that need to be processed and analyzed in real time,” said Fabrizio Biscotti, research director at Gartner. “Processing large quantities of IoT data in real time will increase as a proportion of workloads of data centers, leaving providers facing new security, capacity and analytics challenges”.
- Datacenters which hosts IoT services will face challenges like Consumer Privacy (usage data), Security, Storage management (large data generation by machines/devices), Server Technologies and Data Center Network (traffic).
- “Those comprehensive scenarios will impact design and architecture changes by moving toward virtualization, as well as cloud services. This will reduce the complexity and boost on-demand capacity to deliver reliability and business continuity”, said Mr. Biscotti.
- In IoT world, just the connected cars market alone worth €39 billion . If you want to know more about Internet of Things, have a look at “What is Internet of Things and Cisco’s contribution in this $14 trillion industry” and “Cisco Offers USD $300,000 to secure Internet of Things(IoT)”