1. Google and Cisco joining together in the Enterprise collaboration market to Build Cisco’s WebEx inside Chromebooks and Google Apps.
2. As per the Google blog post, the Google Apps will be integrated with WebEx and Unified Collaboration tools of Cisco, demonstrated by Rajen Sheth, Director of product management, Chrome for business, Google and Rowan Trollope, senior vice president of Cisco’s collaboration technology group. The demonstration includes interoperability features such as the ability to join a web meeting directly from Google Calendar.
3. Sheth said that Google’s focus is on what its users want and need, and overall on how to make a better web ecosystem.
4. Chromebooks uses Chrome OS. Currently the WebEx can’t run in Chromebooks, But it can run on Windows or Mac, using browser plugins.
5. Cisco and Chrome will rewrite code in HTML 5 to fully support Chromebooks even without the need of any plugins.
6. Microsoft Lync is a direct competitor to the Cisco WebEx. Microsoft Lync Unified communication server directly runs in on-premises data centers. Lync also available in Microsoft Office 365 SaaS. Skype also integrated with Microsoft Lync to improve the reach of its communication suite. So the Unified communication and collaboration market is getting Tuff competitions.