- Real time disaster recovery is typically thought of as a Premium service that only larger businesses can afford. But VMware’s newest offering, vCloud Hybrid Service Disaster Recovery (vCHS-DR) will help small companies to avail the robust disaster recovery features of VMware’s solution in a cost effective ways.
- vCHS-DR allows customers running VMware vSphere to make live replicas of their running servers to one of VMware’s public vCloud Hybrid Service data centers.
- When a local instance fails, the cloud instance starts with no involvement of the IT admin. Recovery points could be as little as 15 minutes or as long as 24 hours.
- Pricing starts at $835 per month, includes 10GHz vCPU and 20GB of vRAM with 1TB of storage (in a multi-tenant configuration), with add-on services.
- If the data is large to replicate, new subscribers can mail VMware one or more hard drives with up to 11TB of data — and allow automatic synchronization after that.
Cloud Computing analyst and Amazon Web Services Trainer. I love Google and Android. Big fan of Steve jobs. A simple person.